The Ballarat Beard & Stache Competition has been held ONLINE this year and while the official judging is currently taking place and those winners will be revealed online at 12 noon Saturday May 30 here at www.ballaratheritageweekend.com
YOU can now show your support and cast your vote for The People’s Choice! A ‘winner takes all’ category of fabulousness and fun when it comes to facial hair.
You can only submit ONE VOTE per person, so make it count! Scroll through the online gallery below and cast your vote for The People’s Choice!
We had nearly 100 entries from all over the world, in these five categories:
Full Beard – 10cm to infinity!
As nature intended – full facial hairiness in all its glory.
Verdi – styled and under 10cm
Full and round Beard with Moustache styling encouraged
Any form of facial hair with a section shaved out. (eg. Goatees, flavour savers, chops, sideburns, etc)
Top lip coverage only, styling encouraged.
Just for Fun
A freestyle showcase for Ladies, Gentlemen and Children who want to display some creativity! Prizes and giveaways for those that dare to show some flair! (Faux Beards, Products and styling allowed.)
Terms and Conditions
- Completion of the Entry Procedure and participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- This Competition is being promoted by the City of Ballarat
- Any questions or comments regarding the Competition should be directed to: email@example.com
- Competition Period
- Commences at: 9am (AEST) on Friday 8 May 2020
- Ends at: 5pm (AEST) on Saturday 23 May 2020
- Selection of Winner(s): At the end of the competition period, the prize winner(s) will be determined by 2 external judges chosen by the promoter for their relevant expertise. Winner(s) will be contacted in writing with further details.
- Prize: One Winner and One Runner Up will be chosen for each individual category.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the City of Ballarat are ineligible to enter.
- City of Ballarat reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of an Entrant and to disqualify any Entrant that does not meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- This Competition is a game of ‘skill’ and winners will be determined by 2 external judges chosen by the promoter for their relevant experience. Judging will be based on quality of beard, fullness of beard, colour, length and other relevant criteria, all based on photograph submitted as part of the entry
- To enter, eligible persons must complete the Entry Procedure during the Competition Period.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be rejected and any late, incomplete, indecipherable or illegible Entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by City of Ballarat and not at the time of transmission.
- Entrants are limited to the one per Entrant. Where an Entrant attempts to submit more than one Entry, all additional or subsequent Entry(s) will be ineligible for a Prize.
Consents and warranties on entry
- Entrants agree to their Entry being used by City of Ballarat in the future and grant them a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the Entry for any purpose in any media without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants warrant that they have full authority to grant these rights and will not assert any moral rights in respect of the Entry.
- Entrants warrant and agree that:
- They will not submit, produce, upload or share any content that is fraudulent, or may be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy or other rights;
- No rights in the Entry have been previously granted to any person, corporation or entity;
- They will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Entry or who appears (or who’s property appears) in the content forming part of the Entry;
- Without limiting the above, the Entrant indemnifies City of Ballarat against all loss, damages and costs incurred by City of Ballarat as a result of any breach of the above warranties.
- Entrants understand, acknowledge and agree that:
- Their Entry (or parts thereof) may be posted on the Competition Website and City of Ballarat websites and is available for public viewing; and
- By participating in this Competition, information, links or names may be displayed on the social media pages of City of Ballarat.
- Their personal details will be added to the City of Ballarat email database for the purpose of contact for future promotions and Council information
- The winner(s) will be judged on Monday 25 May, 2020 at Hop Temple, Armstrong St, Ballarat. The judges’ decision will be final.
- The Winner(s) will be notified in writing.
- If City of Ballarat is unable to contact a Winner after making all reasonable efforts, or the Winner does not claim their Prize by June 30th, 2020 then that Winner will forfeit their Prize and no prize will be awarded in lieu.
- It is an Entrant’s responsibility to notify City of Ballarat if their personal details change during the Competition Period. If a Winner fails to provide a valid or complete address for delivery of the Prize, or delivery has not been successful to an address provided (after reasonable attempts by City of Ballarat) the Prize shall be forfeited by the Winner.
- Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. A prize may only be substituted if the substituted prize is of the same or greater value than the original prize and the winner either agrees in writing, or the original prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the City of Ballarat and reasonable attempts are made to reach agreement with the winner that are unsuccessful.
Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, City of Ballarat (and their respective officers, contractors, employees, agents and representatives) will not be liable for any personal injury, loss (including loss of opportunity), damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss), cost, expense or claim arising from or in relation to the Competition:
Variation to Competition
- City of Ballarat may in its absolute discretion, but subject to State and Territory laws, modify, suspend, cancel, recommence or extend this Competition as appropriate if:
- for any reason, this Competition is not capable of running as planned due to technical, hardware or software failures or interferences, or changes to third party sites or platforms, which affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition;
- the level of interest or participation in the Competition is insufficient or there has been some delay in commencing the Competition; or
- the Entry Procedure, determination of Winners or delivery of Prizes is prevented hindered or affected by any external agent or event beyond the reasonable control of City of Ballarat.